Saturday, April 5, 2008

Paid Forum on DBT?

So here is a small announcement: next week my first ebook is getting released. I was planning to do a really massive book covering all the blogging and making money online aspects, but instead of that I decided to break each chapter into a single, smaller ebook.

That will enable people interested only on a few topics to purchase them individually. Once all the ebooks are out, you will also be able to purchase the whole package for a discount.

The first ebook is titled “Killer Domains: Tools and Techniques to Find the Perfect Domain Name.”

Anyway I always wanted to create a private forum here on DBT, so I thought that perhaps this would be a good opportunity to get started. It would be a two-way deal: people purchasing the ebook would get access to the private forum (for one or two months), and members of the forum would also receive free copies of the ebooks (1 every month or so).

I am not sure how much the monthly fee would cost, but I am guessing it would be around $19 monthly. So now you ask: right, but what kind of value would I get back to compensate for my monthly fee? Here is where I think the value would come from:

1. free access to my ebooks
2. questions and answers section
3. networking with fellow members
4. joint ventures and favor exchanges with members
5. blog reviews
6. proprietary tools

I am online pretty much all day long, so I would stick around on the forum to make sure that members would always have prompt feedback. Over the time, as the community grows, other members should also be able to help with advice and guidance.

Do you think this could work, and would you be interested in joining? Or do you think it would not be a good idea, and that I should just focus on selling the ebooks independently? Please let me know with the poll below (RSS readers might need to visit the site to see it) or in the comments section. for reading more quality articles or submitting quality articles visit http://www.212articles.com

No comments: